- (1) singly connected, (2) no loops, (3) at most one path between any two nodes
- Efficient algorithms for exact inference
- Root node does not have parents, so probability will be given.
- Leaf node does not have children, so no recursive call can happen down stream.
- Computing Evidence node’s probability is trivial, because it can be done by recursive call of marginalization. (Trivial)
- Runtime analysis
- Linear in number of nodes and in size of CPTs.
- Problem solving in general
- Start off with Bayes rule if the order is wierd, Product rule to remove something, Marginalization if something is missing…